- Portfolio Review
International Portfolio Review 2018
Supported by FUJIFILM
In 2018, we welcome you to the fourth edition of our International Portfolio Review.
Our portfolio review is a place where professionals and photographers meet. Every spring during KYOTOGRAPHIE, leading figures in the field of photography including curators, gallerists, festival directors, publishers gather.
During the third edition of the review KYOTOGRAPHIE welcomed 21 reviewers from 8 countries, and 77 participating photographers from 7 countries gathered to meet for the review. Some of the photographers have received excellent opportunities from the event, in the form of exhibitions in Europe, Korea, and China. The sale of photobooks in France, and winning a world-class photo award.
Reviews are 20 minutes long with a 10-minute break in between. After the internal selection, every effort will be made during the allocation process to meet your preferences. In principle, we plan to allocate you at least one of the preferred reviewers. However, we do not guarantee that you will have reviewers of your preferences due to the limited number of sessions.
CROSSING – Portfolio Review & KG+ Party
Attending the portfolio review grants you access to the “CROSSING – Portfolio Review & KG+ Party”. At this party, people in the various fields will gather including photographers, reviewers, KYOTOGRAPHIE artists, KG+ artists, KYOTOGRAPHIE organizers and so on. Participants will have another opportunity to connect with people in the industry. In addition, we will hold “Portfolio Walk” where you can present your photos to professionals directly.
In 2018, we offer the “FUJIFILM AWARD”. One winner among the finalists, selected by reviewers will receive the prize from FUJIFILM.
Our portfolio review is all-inclusive, open to all ages, nationalities and career level. We look forward to your submission!
FUJIFILM AWARD Prize
FUJIFILM X-Pro2 Graphite Edition + FUJINON XF23mmF2 R WR
FUJIFILM AWARD Special Exhibition
Exhibition in FUJIFILM SQUARE, Tokyo
In addition to the camera prize, the winner will be given the opportunity to exhibit his/her works at the gallery space in FUJIFILM SQUARE (Roppongi, Tokyo Midtown) in Fall 2018.
s The expenses for the exhibition (including printing, framing and installation costs) will be fully supported by FUJIFILM.
FUJIFILM AWARD Second Award Prize
X100F (Color: Silver)
- Simon Baker
- Senior Curator, International Art (Photography) Tate, London
- Pascal Beausse
- Art critic & curator
Head of Photographic Collections, Centre national des arts plastiques.
Olivier Panier des Touches
- François Cheval
- Co-founder of The Red Eye
Co-Director of Lianzhou Museum of Photography
Former Director of Musée Nicéphore Niépce, Chalon-sur-Saône, France
- Mariko Takeuchi
- Photography Critic
Associate Professor of Kyoto University of Art and Design, Kyoto
- Duan Yuting
- Co-founder and co-director of the Lianzhou Museum of Photography, China
Founder and director of Lianzhou Foto Festival, China
- Gonzalo Golpe
- Independent Editor / Professor
- Tomo Kosuga
- Director of the Masahisa Fukase Archives
- Yumi Goto
- Independent Curator
- Keiko Niiyama
- Feature Director Harper's Bazaar Japan
- Masashi Kohara
- Mika Kobayashi
- Guest Researcher at National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo
- Andrew Sanigar
- Commissioning Editor for Photography and Design at Thames & Hudson
- Annemarie Zethof
- Director and co-founder of IBASHO in Antwerp, Belgium
- Gwen Lee
- Founder & Artistic Director of Singapore International Photography Festival
- Frank Evers
- Audrey Hoareau
- Co-founder of The Red Eye
Assistant Director of Lianzhou Museum of Photography
Former Assistant Curator in Musée Nicéphore Niépce, Chalon-sur-Saône, France
- Mark Sealy
- Director, Autograph ABP, Rivington Place, London, United Kingdom
- Jae Hyun Seok
- Professor at Daegu Mirae College
Independent Curator & Editor
- Sujong Song
- Head of Research and Publication, National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea (MMCA)
- Wei-I Lee
- Editor-in-chief of Voices of Photography Magazine, Taiwan
- Tomoka Aya
- Director of The Third Gallery Aya
Director of Fine-Art Photography
Association Director of Osaka International Media Library
- Kotaro Iizawa
- Photographic Critic
- Mutsuko Ota
- IMA Editorial Director
- Taka Kawachi
- Benrido, Overseas Division Director
- Megumi Matsuo
- Yusuke Nakajima
- Director of The Tokyo Art Book Fair
Director of bookshop [POST]
- Basic Information
Dates 2018.4.14 Sat. – 15 Sun. | 10:00 – 17:30 Fee 3 reviews: ¥25,000 tax incl.
5 reviews: ¥35,000 tax incl.
About 20 min for each session.
Venue Hyatt Regency Kyoto
– Portfolio Review & KG+ Party
Dates 2018.4.15 Sun. 18:00 – 21:00 Fee ¥2000（including 2 drinks） Venuw Hyatt Regency Kyoto
- PORTFOLIO WALK
- After the final day of the review, we have PORTFOLIO WALK as last year during the CROSSING Party. We provide a designated space for participants to show their portfolio to visitors of the party, such as reviewers, other photographers, KG+ artists, KYOTOGRAPHIE artists & organizers. Participants will be selected from portfolio review participants who choose to participate in this event. Fee is not required for a participation.
Hyatt Regency Kyoto
644-2 Sanjusangendo-mawari, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan, 605-0941
Tel: +81 75 541 1234
- email@example.com まで。
- * Please do not call for the venue about event information.